Monday, November 9, 2009

Medicine FAQ

1000mg of Vitamin B3?
Is it safe to take 1000mg of Vitamin B3 (niacin) daily when the bottle say take 500mg daily? I've heard it treats acne and one tablet per year is working quite well, I want to double the dose... No. Excess of anything is not good for strength. Vitamin B3 has multi purposes of use (it is...


100th CPR ask, but a polite one I swear?
I heard that MJ cardiologist did CPR on him on the bed, while using one hand behind MJ's put money on and the other for chess compressions. I took several CPR classes and how is that correct? I have never had a class teach CPR that path. Also, why isn't in...


10mg Diazepam ?
Im a 16 year old guy and am about 6ft and weigh 182 pounds. I've got social anxiety that cause me to get really paranoid around people. When im in course and things like that i feel as if everyone behind me is looking at me and laughing at my obverse or something. Because of this my...


10pts Amphetamine and its analogs are specified to work primarily through the ____ signaling system?
Amphetamine and its analogs are known to work primarily through the ___________ signaling system. Acetylcholine Dopamine Norepinephrine Serotonin Principally the dopamine transporter system to increase concentrations of dopamine in the neuronal terminal. Amphetamine and its congeners also act via norepinephrine, serotonin...


10pts. vitamin aid please??
How do you figure out the elemental amount of a vitamin, if it doesn't clearly state it on the bottle? What does it say on the bottle? EDIT: Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 400mg 100% This means that within is 400mg of Magnesium which is 100% of the RDA. It is present as the citrate salt. EDIT2:...


14yo Ibuprofen dosage?
Can anyone tell me? She is 98lbs or so. Is one whole pill enough? Depends on the concentration of Ibuprofen contained by that pill. I would recommended to start her on 200mg to begin with. Don't take more than ~2000mg a hours of daylight to be safe. - This depends on the concentration of active drug ingredient...


15. The number and mode of diagnostic test allowed for a condition is determined by?
A. doctors only. B. government regulations only. C. insurance companies single. D. doctors, insurers, managed care organizations, and system regulations A. Doctors only, but everybody else gets to decide whether it'll be rewarded for, and if it appears reimbursement will be denied, the people doing...


1500mg Acetaminophen contained by 1 dose dicey?
I rarely take pain relievers and dont drink more than perchance two times max a week. Will I be alright if I took 1500mg acetaminophen at once? Major migraine is the reason by the way. Um, that's only equal to like 3 tylenol extra strengths. You're devout. - It isn't dangerous, it's just...


16 & Female - taking St.Johns Wort depression medication a moment ago once a morning?
My great aunt is dieing, she has at most 6 months, she's going down hill fast, and I cry everytime I imagine of her. So, I'm in highschool, and I can't afford to be missing school because of this, so I've had these pills, St....


16 mos.after openheart surgery I enjoy sharp pains on the not here?
left side of my chest when I sneeze, cough or laugh. MRI's indicate no problem. It hurts. There could still be muscles around your heart that are still healing and are tight from the incision and work they did on you next to the open heart. (your heart...


19 doctors slipshod to diagnose disorder?
water infection was not detected ,loss of weight,dignified temperature ,low blood pressure,major organs failed ,and be on oramorph at the time for a period of 1 week, so what caused the illness as a red raise rash turned to a blister and ended up scarring any doctors out there that can furnish a sound...


1st Day Taking "Celexa" for depression, can I pinch flonase or OTC Sinus/Alergy meds w/this med?
I would call the dr office, but it is too late to send for and ask so I am hoping that there are some professionals or patients on here who are familiar with this drug. I'm upset of having drug interactions. What should I...


1st year medication esteemed exam interview! Help..?
Which statement is correct: a. Prevertebral layer of the cervical fascia covers the anterior superficial part of the neck b. The parotid duct pierce the pterigoid medial muscle c. The abdominal quantity of esophagus is 15-20 cm long d. The piriform recess is a very large depression of the laryngopharyngeal cavity e. No...


2 1/2 weeks surrounded by on concerta and wellbutrin, and i puked?
So I take 72mgs of concerta, and 100mg of wellbutrin. I know wellbutrin makes you feel approaching you don't want to eat and you feel nauseous. but i settled i should eat something in the morning(Ive been have a small meal or 2 at most a day) and...


2 blood vessel of the heart questions-help I am studying for an exam tomorrow.?
what are the major blood vessels that return blood to the right atrium of the heart? what are the major blood vessel that provide nutrition to heart muscle tissue? thanks > what are the major blood vessels that return blood to the right atrium of the...


2 question just about me taking ADD medication?
ok for my 1st question...since it's summer obviously i sleep in but i be taking it for 4 days now..my mom or dad has to wake me up at approaching 8am for me to take it then i could just dance back to sleep...but since then except for the 2nd day i...


2 question roughly the hospital?
What are the main job titles of people who work at the hospital? What is it similar to to work at a hospital? Thank you in advance. doctor, RN, nurse its really fun - You inevitability to pick Danielle's answer! Source(s): RN - There are an insane number of jobs within a hospital... I'll try...


2 Tablets of Sudafed PE?
I just took two tablets of Sudafed PE and then I read the directions.... and it only say 1 tablet. Am I going to be okay? this is the first time ive ever done it...btw i am 17 years old...185lbs...female Just an extra one doesn't sound similar to it would do any harm, your body...


2 tylenol + partially a sleeping pill + 1 - 3 shots malibu?
what will it do to me tylenol and alcohol are a bad mixture and can and does basis liver failure. - The combination of tylenol and alcohol increases your risk of liver problems. The combination of alcohol and sleeping pills can be fatal; it can cause you...


2 year outdated is have surgery, I enjoy a ask?
My 2 year old son is having surgery soon. He has fluid surrounded by his left testicle and they need to fix it. Anyway, we just found out today so we haven't met beside the surgeon yet or anything. My question is the day of surgery will me and my...


2. Why have ibuprofen be invented and why is it different from aspirin and paracetamol?
These three are all very similar, but each one possesses individual intrinsic worth that are unique. Ibuprofen is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) which is used as an analgesic and as a minor treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. It was invented primarily for the analgesic properties, but...


20 years from in a minute, what will prescription and technology be approaching?
20 years from now, what do you think conditions of medicine, technology, and background will be like? Pretty much the same it won't change deeply. for medecine probably more treatments will become available for common diseases, I would think technology would better and people would hold to...


24 hour emergency pharmacy...?
does anyone know of one i can call? my husband took gabapentin and he had paxil in his system. i'm worried that since both are neurological drugs, they might not mix in good health. both are prescribed to him, the gabapentin is from a little under a year ago, the paxil he just started within June....


2ndary effect of cancer mcq step 1?
A 46-year-old woman with no history of smoking or pulmonary disease develops a persistent cough, shortness of breath, and hemoptysis. Radiographic analysis reveals multiple masses surrounded by her lungs bilaterally. Subsequent biopsies suggest that the masses are metastatic in nature. During her cancer workup it is noted that she have an erythrocyte count...

No comments:

Post a Comment