Saturday, November 14, 2009

Medicine Questions and Answers

Can someone explain surrounded by simplified expressions the difference between muscarinic and nicotinic receptors?
Simply put, they are both receptors for ACh, acetylcholine. They differ in how they work: nicotinic receptors are ion channels, whereas muscarinic cause g-coupled reaction. More importantly, nicotinic receptors are mainly found in the CNS and in neuromuscular junction of skeletal muscle. Muscarinic receptors are more...


Can someone explain to me blood types?
Im 16 and today i went to the doctors and they said i needed a blood test because i may be badly anaemic, and out of morbid curiosity i asked my mum and dad what blood type i be. Apparently the whole family is RH-, and its rare. What does this be going...


Can someone explain to me the steps to becoming a veterinarian?
Can you explain to me which school/classes that you would take to work your way to becoming a veterinarian? Getting into veterinary school is far more competitive than getting into medical institution, so good luck! As for classes, you should talk to one of your university's career counselors to...


Can someone first name the ...?
Can someone name the anastheitc given to people before they pass blood I've never seen an anesthetic given prior to blood donation. I'm in pediatrics, and when I draw from a child and have time to plan ahead, I will hold EMLA cream placed on the site beforehand (it takes 30-60 minutes to work,...


Can someone go by a 72 hr alcohol exam if the urine be sent out for evaluation and he drank w/i 62 hrs of experiment?
the on-the-spot test at drug court cannot detect alcohol but they sent the specimen out for a "72 hour" test which can allegedly detect alcohol and he drank w/i 62 hours of the test. the...


Can someone help out me take to mean these autopsy report please? Serious Answers ONLY...?
My dad passed on Jan.19.2009 and I just received the autopsy report, I understand it was cardiovascular disease but in attendance are many parts of the final diagnosis i don't understand..please break it down in English for me...thank you so much This is what it...


Can someone identify this ashen pill near a maple palm leaf on it?
I found this pill that looks like a tab of ecstasy but im not sure. its yellow next to a maple leaf (canadian leaf?) on it. With all due respect, this isn't the place to identify drugs. Though, if you're upto it, donate it a bit of...


Can someone impart a detailed explanation of the life-cycle of Clexane (known as Lovenox or enoxaparin)?
I'm a student nurse, and any help about this topic would be appreciated. For example, when given subcutaneously, what happens to it after that (absorption, metabolism, and excretion). So what is the "what's" and the "how's"! Thanks heaps To answer your query, I would...


Can someone inform me what would begin if tissue be overlapped when man sutured? The result.?
It depends on the type of surgery you're talking about.. Tissue is overlapped in heaps types of surgeries.. Its just normal procedure.. It does not result in necrosis of the tissue. - The overlapped tissue would expected die. Source(s): surgical PA


Can someone lend a hand me next to abdominal aorta?
i need to know what is the meaning of visceral and parietal branches of it. i mean, how are the branches catogerized, whether its a parietal or visceral? I don't know if you are a med student or not. So explaination is not too medical. The outer coat of the...


Can someone let somebody know me what is Valium?
i heard it so many times on eminems new album... and i hear of it reasonably alot.... what is it? Valium is a benzodiazepine; its mechanism of action is complicated, but it essentially affects GABA receptors. It causes drowsiness, decrease alertness, decreased concentration, lack of coordination, decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, change...


Can someone make a contribution me the pros and cons of obamas form perfectionism plan?
Pros: In Imagination park it is a great idea. Cons: In reality it can not exist. - cons, you cannot request any medicine, they will bestow you what ever they think is right for you. it doesnt matter if the medicine or medication make you...


Can someone make clear to me the requirements for Laboratory Technologist I?
an associates degree in Medical Technology which requires one year of clinicals and certification through ASCP or NCA (depending on the region where on earth you live). You can also obtain your MLT certification (2-year program with 6 month internship) and after practicing contained by general lab for...


Can someone minister to me identify these pills?
I just looked on top of my cabinets, which I never have, and found a prepackaged plastic thing with 10 pills in it. One red football shaped, one clear football shaped, 2 long white ones, 2 fawn ones, one dark yellow, one light wan, one green, and one orange and grainy.$ Take...


Can someone minister to me identify this pill?
Yellowish round pill very small with w over 40 divided by the line you can break them contained by half with. It's DIGOXIN, also called Lanoxicaps or Lanoxin and is used to treat heart disaster and also used to treat a certain type of irregular heartbeat. It's a cardiac glycoside and regulated...


Can someone next to Asperger's Syndrome become a doctor?
Or rather, is it ALLOWED by the medical field? I did ! I've be doing OB/GYN for 20+ years. E-mail me if you wish. - As long as you get the right testimonial, certificates and, pass all the requirements of anyone a doctor, yes. As long as the condition does not...


Can someone OD on ambien? close to a ton at a timre?
our class is doing a researse 0m Ambien so we werecurious, plus ha;f of then do stuff , i wana get answer Look, you can OD on anything, even water can be harmful or even fatal if you bear enough, so yeah, you can overdose on ambien, it's...


Can someone offer me an explanation of the varied medical degree (i.e. MD, MS, PhD, OD)?
I want to go to medical school in the adjectives, but I am very uncertain concerning the process, so I don't know what path I should clutch. On every website for medical school, I see OD, PhD, MS, and MD, but I am not...


Can someone own saliva thats not salicylic that cant box bacteria/viruses?
is there people born like that? And IF near is, they would constantly get sick all the time right with these unnatural sickness that most people don't get and not be like a everyday person only usually gets colds. And the end question, ur either born like that or...


Can someone PLEASE answer these question nearly trauma surgeons!?
-What degrees needed to become one? -What training needed to become one? -Do you need experience if earned a phd and masters surrounded by surgical stuff? -Could you get sued if you cut a vain and the person die or you fail? -Last but not smallest,what do you do on the...


Can someone please contribute me information on becoming a doctor?
I understand that you must be very academic and competent to go to university, but i don't have a good grasp on what becoming a doctor will consist of. Key question: What subjects must you take in high college and what should you be skilled at? How will med school...


Can someone please diagnose me?
This was a scary incident today. I'll try to cover everything. First of all, I am a mannish in high school, clearly healthy, and had a physical within the ending few weeks. My BMI is normal and I exercise often. What I am about to describe happen once before and happened again today. I'd appreciate...


Can someone please explain to me the science at the back aspirin?
how is it developed? how do they develop it into a usable form? also, can you explain a chemical pathway to show me how it is formed? p.s. also the formulae of the molecules involved? http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=Aspi… - I think someone needs to type surrounded by wiki into their...


Can someone please help out me beside my 200 pg daily on the history of pills?
Ok guys I'm a freshman in high school and I own a 200 page paper on The History of Medicine. The first 50 pages are due by the end of this summer and I be wondering if anyone could give me some advice on...


Can someone please ID this pill for me?
It is small, white, and round. On one side of the pill is a big 'N' and on the other side is a big '10'. I believe this pill is used to help pain but I am not sure. Any ideas? EAT IT! - There are reasonably a few possibilities, and not...


Can someone please make available me a short index, of the diseases/conditions that could be cured via stem cell?
This is for a school project, I just need a short detail of diseases, I can do the research behind the diseases myself. Thank you! http://www.marrow.org/PATIENT/Undrstnd_D… this page lists the diseases that can currently be treated by a hematopoetic stem cell...

No comments:

Post a Comment